Ashley Hebert wore a $16,790 dress for the final rose ceremony. The dress was designed by Randi Rahm and it features a handstitched silver and crystal beads and silver sequins, with blush-colored ostrich feathers.
Will this work? It’s a interesting attempt to drive business.
H&M and David Beckham are the latest pairing for a fashion collaboration. Beckham will design a new line of Underwear for H&M that will debut in February . (The Cut)
Rene Gruau is an amazing illustrator that was born on Febuary 4th, 1909 and died on March 31st of 2004. His birth name was Renato Zavagli Ricciardelli and was born in Italy. His field was fashion illustration and he was one of the best whose “exaggerated portrayal of fashion design through painting has had a lasting effect on the fashion industry.”
Gruau became one of the best known artists of Haute Couture during the 1940’s and 50’s working with multiple high style magazines. For more on his background click on the link below. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Gruau
Stella McCartney has revamped her website and added a IPAD App which will be available sometime this week. To check out all the details click on the link below.
1. Determine your colors. So what does that mean? Find the colors that work best for you in different seasons or year round . You want to check the different colors that work best with your hair, skin and eye color.
2. Trademark – A style trademark is something you can rock on a day to day basis. In the show gossip girl Blair has trademarked the headband as her go to thing. A signature item or style choice can also help make you stand out from the crowd.
3. Embrace your shape- Knowing how to highlight your best features can save you time and take your look to another level.
4. Lookbook- putting together a look book is a fantastic way to keep track of fashion that inspires you.
5. Vintage – something old plus something new and finding the balance in between can make your outfit stand out. Mixing and matching with vintage can make you a one of a kind fashionista.
Check out this really interesting article from Lauren Conrad on how to build a clothing line.
This amazing jewelry designer named Jennie Sharman-Cox from Assemblage Jewelry takes a bunch of different materials including British Military regalia and encrusted pearls and makes them into beautiful pieces. (Boingboing)